Already Missing French Quarter Fest? Here's A Mid-Week Playlist
The 2014 French Quarter Festival took place on a beautiful weekend... But it's been all rain and cold and work and traffic ever since.
Maybe you missed Gal Holiday belt out "That's How I Ride" because you were waiting in line for crawfish bread. Maybe you didn't catch Little Freddie King bang out "Cleo's Back" because you lost track of the time on the river, or ran to Gene's to get a daiquiri. Maybe you missed Dr. John because there were too many people! Or maybe you caught every act you intended to see, and now are twitching from FQF withdrawals (or shivering in the chill).
It's why WWNO and NolaVie put together the Best of French Quarter Fest 2014 Playlist, to help you fill the "fill in the blank" and to keep you moving on a Wednesday afternoon.
1. Big Al Carson - "Take Your Drunkin' Ass Home"
2. Panorama Jazz Band - "Bavno Horo"
3. Irma Thomas - "Anyone Who Knows What Love Is (Will Understand)"
4. The Pfister Sisters - "Everybody Loves My Baby"
5. Sweet Crude - "Super Vilaine"
6. Debauche - "Bublichki"
7. Davell Crawford performs - "Louisiana 1927"
8. Dr. John & The Band - "Blast from the Past"
9. Gal Holiday - "That's Why I Ride"
10. Maryland Jazz Band feat. Don Vappie at Dew Drop Jazz & Social Hall - "Mandeville"
11. Mark Growden, Wendell Brunious, Aurora Nealand - "The Love of It All"
12. Shannon Powell - "You Don't Know Me"
13. Glen David Andrews Featuring Paul Sanchez - "Gilded Splinters"
14. Andrew Duhon - "I Love the Liquor"
15. Los Po-Boy-Citos - "Mary Wants to Boogaloo"
16. Alexis & the Samurai - "Shut Up" (acoustic)
17. Meschiya Lake and The Little Big Horns - "I'll Wait For You"
18. Kristin Diable & The City - "Time Will Wait"