Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Food & Faith
Tue March 5, 2013
Alligator for Lent
If you live in Southern Louisiana you don’t have to be Catholic to know that the Friday Fish is a New Orleans tradition. From fried catfish to potato salad and savory sides, there are plenty of meatless options for the faithful foodies.
But what if you’re just not in the mood for fish on Friday? Well, there are some less obvious Lenten options in the Crescent City.