Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Wed July 30, 2014
Algiers Ferry Hours Extended
Starting Friday, the ferry between Canal Street and Algiers Point will be adding more than four hours to weekday schedules.
The Algiers Economic Development Foundation says Veolia Transportation plans to run the ferry from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekdays. It now runs from 7:15 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:15 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Fridays.
Weekend schedules will remain 10:45 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturdays and 10:45 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sundays.
Veolia runs the ferries for New Orleans' Regional Transit Authority.
Evening hours will be added for the foundation's Wednesdays on the Point concert. Starting times won't change. But the last trip from Algiers Landing will leave at 9:15 p.m. and the last one from Canal Street at 9:30 p.m.