Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 22, 2015
Wed July 30, 2014
Algiers Ferry Hours Extended
Starting Friday, the ferry between Canal Street and Algiers Point will be adding more than four hours to weekday schedules.
The Algiers Economic Development Foundation says Veolia Transportation plans to run the ferry from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekdays. It now runs from 7:15 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:15 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Fridays.
Weekend schedules will remain 10:45 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturdays and 10:45 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sundays.
Veolia runs the ferries for New Orleans' Regional Transit Authority.
Evening hours will be added for the foundation's Wednesdays on the Point concert. Starting times won't change. But the last trip from Algiers Landing will leave at 9:15 p.m. and the last one from Canal Street at 9:30 p.m.