Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Thu June 7, 2012
After Big Gain, Markets Look To Rise Again; All Eyes On Bernanke
Originally published on Thu June 7, 2012 9:21 am
Following up on one of the best rallies in months on Wednesday, stock index futures are pointing to a higher start today on Wall Street, Dow Jones Newswires says.
The Associated Press says there are "hopes that Europe is preparing to take action to tackle the region's financial crisis and that the Federal Reserve will consider additional support for the U.S. economy."
Speaking of the Fed, Chairman Ben Bernanke is due to testify before the Joint Economic Committee of Congress at 10 a.m. ET. The topic: The central bank's economic outlook.
We'll watch for news from what he says.
Update at 10:20 a.m. ET. Our Post On Bernanke's Testimony:
Stock indexes are in positive territory as of now.