Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Thu June 7, 2012
After Big Gain, Markets Look To Rise Again; All Eyes On Bernanke
Originally published on Thu June 7, 2012 9:21 am
Following up on one of the best rallies in months on Wednesday, stock index futures are pointing to a higher start today on Wall Street, Dow Jones Newswires says.
The Associated Press says there are "hopes that Europe is preparing to take action to tackle the region's financial crisis and that the Federal Reserve will consider additional support for the U.S. economy."
Speaking of the Fed, Chairman Ben Bernanke is due to testify before the Joint Economic Committee of Congress at 10 a.m. ET. The topic: The central bank's economic outlook.
We'll watch for news from what he says.
Update at 10:20 a.m. ET. Our Post On Bernanke's Testimony:
Stock indexes are in positive territory as of now.