Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Wed September 26, 2012
Advocate marks launch of New Orleans edition
The Advocate marked the launch of its daily New Orleans edition Monday, as the newspaper moves to fill in a pending void created by The Times-Picayune's decision to publish three days a week.
The Advocate reports it will distribute free copies of the edition across the city this week, then roll out home delivery and sales beginning Oct. 1. The goal is to distribute 10,000 copies across the greater New Orleans area, to 35 zip codes and 400 single copy locations. As of Friday, The Advocate's publisher, David Manship, said there are just over 2,000 subscribers in New Orleans.
More than 50 people attended Monday's launch at which officials introduced the seven former Times-Picayune reporters who have been hired to work in the bureau.
New Orleans Media