Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Thu September 6, 2012
The Advocate gears up for New Orleans edition
The publisher of Baton Rouge's daily newspaper says it is gearing up for a move into the New Orleans market.
Beginning Oct. 1, The Advocate plans to begin delivery of a new New Orleans edition of the paper. The move comes shortly after a decision by The Times-Picayune, which is owned by Advance Publications Inc., to convert the 175-year-old New Orleans daily to a 24-hour digital news operation with a print edition only on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
The Advocate's publisher, David Manship, said in a letter released Wednesday that The Times-Picayune's changes "revealed that there is a demand for a daily newspaper in New Orleans that will not be met by any New Orleans publications."
A spokesman for The Times-Picayune was not immediately available for comment Wednesday.