Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Thu September 6, 2012
The Advocate gears up for New Orleans edition
The publisher of Baton Rouge's daily newspaper says it is gearing up for a move into the New Orleans market.
Beginning Oct. 1, The Advocate plans to begin delivery of a new New Orleans edition of the paper. The move comes shortly after a decision by The Times-Picayune, which is owned by Advance Publications Inc., to convert the 175-year-old New Orleans daily to a 24-hour digital news operation with a print edition only on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
The Advocate's publisher, David Manship, said in a letter released Wednesday that The Times-Picayune's changes "revealed that there is a demand for a daily newspaper in New Orleans that will not be met by any New Orleans publications."
A spokesman for The Times-Picayune was not immediately available for comment Wednesday.