Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Fri August 24, 2012
An Adventure On The High Seas Stormed By Pirates
Originally published on Fri August 24, 2012 11:03 am
British retirees Rachel and Paul Chandler were sailing in the Indian Ocean in 2009 when their boat was hijacked by Somali pirates. They were held captive in Somalia for more than a year. Guest host Viviana Hurtado speaks to the couple about their experience, which they documented in the memoir Hostage: A Year at Gunpoint with Somali Pirates.