Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Thu September 20, 2012
ACT scores up in Recovery School District schools
The state agency that runs most New Orleans public schools is reporting a small improvement in scores for students taking the ACT college entrance exam.
The average composite score on the ACT for students in the Recovery School District's New Orleans schools rose four-tenths of a point from 16.4 to 16.8 from 2011 to 2012.
Statewide, the average composite score was 20.3, up from 20.2.
While the state score is higher, the Recovery District notes that the increase was larger for the New Orleans schools.
In the last two years, the average composite score for Recovery District schools in New Orleans has increased a total of 1.2 points. It's up from 15.6 in 2010.