Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Thu September 20, 2012
ACT scores up in Recovery School District schools
The state agency that runs most New Orleans public schools is reporting a small improvement in scores for students taking the ACT college entrance exam.
The average composite score on the ACT for students in the Recovery School District's New Orleans schools rose four-tenths of a point from 16.4 to 16.8 from 2011 to 2012.
Statewide, the average composite score was 20.3, up from 20.2.
While the state score is higher, the Recovery District notes that the increase was larger for the New Orleans schools.
In the last two years, the average composite score for Recovery District schools in New Orleans has increased a total of 1.2 points. It's up from 15.6 in 2010.