Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Wed January 9, 2013
Acadiana Woman Arrested for Stalking Herself
Police say a 34-year-old Crowley woman they arrested tried to convince investigators that her estranged boyfriend was sending her threatening text messages.
The Advertiser reports Trudy Miller was arrested Tuesday on one count of false swearing for violation of health or safety, a felony charge.
Crowley Chief of Police K.P. Gibson says Miller was believed to be the victim of stalking about five weeks ago when she filed her first complaint.
But after charges were filed, Gibson said Miller's former boyfriend repeatedly said he didn't own the cellphone from which the threatening texts were sent.
After further investigation, Gibson says detectives found that Miller was in possession of the cellphone being used to send her threatening text messages.
It was unclear whether Miller has an attorney.