Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Sat December 15, 2012
$8M Expansion Under Way at Shopping Center
Three new businesses are setting up shop at Westside North Shopping Center in Gretna, which has been undergoing an $8 million expansion made possible by the city's acquisition of a street for the project.
The Times-Picayune reports Cavender's, a western wear store, Auto Zone and Planet Fitness will join other stores at shopping center, which splits the West Bank Expressway and is the city's big economic engine.
On Wednesday, the Gretna City Council approved a site plan and variance for two more phases of the project that will add a retail building on the old Franklin Avenue.
Thomas McAlister, vice president of Realm Realty, the developer, told the council Smoothie King will be one of the tenants in the new space with negotiations in the works for other businesses.