Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Mon January 7, 2013
5.5M Pounds of Explosive Moved at North La. Site
State police say that just over 5.5 million pounds of explosive propellant has been moved at the northwestern Louisiana industrial site where it was found to be improperly stored several weeks ago.
On Thursday, crews moved about 93,600 pounds of the material, bringing the total safely moved and stored to around 5.5 million. Officials estimated that roughly 6 million pounds was found at the site of an explosives recycler at Camp Minden in Webster Parish.
The effort was set to resume Friday morning.