Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Sat January 12, 2013
5 Sign Up for State House Races
Candidates have started signing up for two vacant state House seats.
A race for the Baton Rouge area House District 65 seat Wednesday attracted two Republicans — businessman Barry Ivey, of Baton Rouge, and Metro Council member Scott Wilson, of Central.
They're seeking to fill the seat formerly held by state Rep. Clif Richardson, R-Central, who resigned for health reasons.
The Advocate reports an open Jefferson Parish House District 79 seat so far has drawn three Republican contenders — Allison Bent Bowler and Jack Rizzuto, both of Metairie, and Julie Stokes, of Kenner.
State Rep. Anthony Ligi, R-Metairie, resigned to take a job heading the Jefferson Business Council.
Qualifying continues through 5 p.m. Friday. The election is March 2.