Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Around the Nation
Fri August 31, 2012
40-Year-Old Cheese To Sell For $10 An Ounce
Originally published on Fri August 31, 2012 11:48 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A guy walks into a cheese cooler in Wisconsin - true story. Edward Zahn was closing up Z's Cheese Shoppe when he discovered wooden boxes of cheese - aged cheddar cheese, accidentally aged, overlooked in the cooler for up to 40 years. The Wisconsin State Journal says a dealer will now sell the cheese for $10 an ounce. He says cheese from the outside of each block is crunchy, like corn flakes. On the inside, it's overwhelming sharp. Mm. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.