Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Around the Nation
Mon May 13, 2013
4-Year-Old Boy Chosen As Mayor Of Dorset, Minn.
Originally published on Mon May 13, 2013 7:41 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. What the mayor of Dorset, Minnesota lacks in experience he makes up for with youthful enthusiasm. Mayor Bobby Tufts is four years old. He won his seat by having his name picked out of a hat. That's an annual tradition for the small town of 22. Mayor Tufts is celebrated in town as a singer, a dancer, and a fisherman.
At a big fishing event over the weekend, Mayor Bobby Tufts gave this advice: leeches and worms definitely make the best bait. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.