Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Tue September 18, 2012
3rd surprise: chimp's daddy is... Conan! Again!
The latest paternity test at the national sanctuary for retired research chimpanzees confirms that Conan has overcome two vasectomies to father three babies.
Chimp Haven announced the results Monday.
Every male chimp must get a vasectomy before coming to the northwest Louisiana sanctuary. After Conan fathered a baby in 2007, his tubes were clipped again. After a Valentine's Day baby turned out to be his, every male chimp still interested in and living with females got a more complicated vasectomy.
Because of Conan's previous potency, Chimp Haven's humans had suspected that he was the father of Natalie, born Aug. 13. Her mother, Ginger, was found to be pregnant after a chimp named Flora gave birth to Valentina Rose.
Conan's 5-year-old daughter, Tracy, lives with her infant half-sisters.
Keithville Chimp Haven
Baton Rouge Zoo