Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Fri September 7, 2012
$3.6M grant will fund cleanup hiring
The U.S. Department of Labor has awarded a $3.6 million grant to the Louisiana Workforce Commission that will fund temporary jobs for cleanup efforts following Hurricane Isaac.
The grant, announced Thursday, will affect hiring in Ascension, Assumption, East Feliciana, Iberville, Jefferson, Lafourche, Livingston, Orleans, Plaquemines, Point Coupee, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. Helena, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Terrebonne, Washington, West Baton Rouge and, West Feliciana parishes.
State officials earlier this week requested $3.4 million, which they said would pay salaries for about 450 people.