Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Grand Isle Tarpon Rodeo
Thu July 26, 2012
24-hour toll collections for Grand Isle Tarpon Rodeo
State transportation officials say they will be offering 24-hour toll collections along LA Highway 1 in anticipation of increased traffic surrounding the country's oldest competitive fishing event.
The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development said Wednesday their goal is to keep the flow of traffic at a steady pace as spectators arrive for the 90th annual Grand Isle Tarpon Rodeo. Rhett Desselle, assistant secretary of operations, said there has already been an increase in the traffic volume around the area.
The department says it will staff the highway with toll collectors throughout the event and will use the Port Fourchon Police for assistance with traffic management. The event starts Thursday and will run through Saturday.
The rodeo has traditionally attracted thousands of fishermen and fun seekers to Grand Isle.