Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Grand Isle Tarpon Rodeo
Thu July 26, 2012
24-hour toll collections for Grand Isle Tarpon Rodeo
State transportation officials say they will be offering 24-hour toll collections along LA Highway 1 in anticipation of increased traffic surrounding the country's oldest competitive fishing event.
The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development said Wednesday their goal is to keep the flow of traffic at a steady pace as spectators arrive for the 90th annual Grand Isle Tarpon Rodeo. Rhett Desselle, assistant secretary of operations, said there has already been an increase in the traffic volume around the area.
The department says it will staff the highway with toll collectors throughout the event and will use the Port Fourchon Police for assistance with traffic management. The event starts Thursday and will run through Saturday.
The rodeo has traditionally attracted thousands of fishermen and fun seekers to Grand Isle.