Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri December 21, 2012
2 Wal-Mart Employees Arrested in iPad Theft Scheme
The grocery manager and another employee at a Wal-Mart store in Marrero have been arrested in an alleged scheme to steal Apple iPads from the store.
The Times-Picayune reports that manager Kenneth Rancifer, 33, of Harvey, and Robert Brown, 51, of New Orleans, were arrested Tuesday and booked with theft of property worth more than $1,500, according to Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office arrest reports.
Investigators said loss-prevention officers there were investigating the disappearance of several iPads. They said they spotted Rancifer on Monday taking iPads from a locked case while Brown acted as a lookout. Both men were detained.
Deputies said they found several items believed to have been stolen from the store at Rancifer's apartment.
It was unclear whether Rancifier or Brown has an attorney.