Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Fri December 21, 2012
2 Wal-Mart Employees Arrested in iPad Theft Scheme
The grocery manager and another employee at a Wal-Mart store in Marrero have been arrested in an alleged scheme to steal Apple iPads from the store.
The Times-Picayune reports that manager Kenneth Rancifer, 33, of Harvey, and Robert Brown, 51, of New Orleans, were arrested Tuesday and booked with theft of property worth more than $1,500, according to Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office arrest reports.
Investigators said loss-prevention officers there were investigating the disappearance of several iPads. They said they spotted Rancifer on Monday taking iPads from a locked case while Brown acted as a lookout. Both men were detained.
Deputies said they found several items believed to have been stolen from the store at Rancifer's apartment.
It was unclear whether Rancifier or Brown has an attorney.