Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
NBA Lottery: Hornets
Wed May 30, 2012
With 2 Picks, Hornets Eagerly Await Lottery Fate
There finally could be some good news for the Hornets, who suffered through a miserable season as part of the fallout from the Chris Paul trade.
The deal that led to lots of losing in New Orleans also yielded two picks in Wednesday night's NBA draft lottery.
With luck — something that has been in short supply for the Hornets lately — New Orleans could end up with two of the top overall picks in the June 28 draft.
Or if the tough luck continues, the worst-case scenario is that they'll pick seventh and 13th overall.
Hornets team president Hugh Weber says the chance for two top-10 picks, on the heels of new local ownership, makes this an exciting time for the franchise.