Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
NBA Lottery: Hornets
Wed May 30, 2012
With 2 Picks, Hornets Eagerly Await Lottery Fate
There finally could be some good news for the Hornets, who suffered through a miserable season as part of the fallout from the Chris Paul trade.
The deal that led to lots of losing in New Orleans also yielded two picks in Wednesday night's NBA draft lottery.
With luck — something that has been in short supply for the Hornets lately — New Orleans could end up with two of the top overall picks in the June 28 draft.
Or if the tough luck continues, the worst-case scenario is that they'll pick seventh and 13th overall.
Hornets team president Hugh Weber says the chance for two top-10 picks, on the heels of new local ownership, makes this an exciting time for the franchise.