Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
Sat November 17, 2012
2 Missing After Oil Rig Fire
The Coast Guard is searching for two workers missing after fire tore through an offshore oil platform off the Louisiana coast. Four others are recovering from serious burns.
The Coast Guard is searching by air and sea for the two workers missing after the Friday morning fire. Two dozen workers were on the platform when a torch being used to cut an oil line sparked the fire. Eleven others were injured.
The images triggered reminders of the BP oil spill two years ago. But this fire damaged a platform in 56 feet of water. BP was drilling an exploratory well a mile under the surface.
The Coast Guard is not expecting an uncontrolled leak from this fire, and the Interior Department is investigating the accident.