Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Wed October 3, 2012
$1 million bond set for murder suspect
Bail has been set at $1 million for a 21-year-old man suspected of firing a gun through the bedroom window of an eastern New Orleans home early Monday, killing a local college freshman and badly wounding her boyfriend.
The Times-Picayune reports 21-year-old Jeffery Washington is accused of the second-degree murder of 18-year-old Marguerite Washington, and the attempted second-degree murder of 19-year-old Justin Alexander.
Police say the shooting occurred while the victims were asleep.
A Criminal District Court magistrate on Tuesday set bail for Washington in the amount of $750,000 in the murder count and $250,000 in the attempted murder count.
It was unclear whether Washington has an attorney.
Orleans Parish Prison