Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Richard McCarthy embodies the phrase, “think globally; act locally.” After growing up in New Orleans and earning his master’s degree at the London School of Economics, he co-founded the Crescent City Farmers Market in 1995.
As executive director, he led the organization to grow from a weekly farmers market into marketumbrella.org, an internationally recognized mentor for markets, community-building and sustainable economic development with an annual operating budget of $750,000 and a staff of seven.