Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Le Show For Oct. 26, 2014
- Philadelphia Gets Its Water Management Act Together, And New Orleans Takes Notes
- MONDAY: State Treasurer John Kennedy; and Advocacy Director for Louisiana AARP Andrew Muhl
- Louisiana Department Of Education Releases School Report Cards
- Which Came First: The Mockingbird Or The Musician?
Richard McCarthy embodies the phrase, “think globally; act locally.” After growing up in New Orleans and earning his master’s degree at the London School of Economics, he co-founded the Crescent City Farmers Market in 1995.
As executive director, he led the organization to grow from a weekly farmers market into marketumbrella.org, an internationally recognized mentor for markets, community-building and sustainable economic development with an annual operating budget of $750,000 and a staff of seven.