Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Leila Fadel is NPR's international correspondent based in Cairo.
Before joining NPR, she covered the Middle East for The Washington Post. In her role as Cairo Bureau Chief she reported on a wave of revolts and their aftermaths in Libya, Tunisia, Egypt, and Syria.
Prior to her position as Cairo Bureau Chief for the Post, she covered the Iraq war for nearly five years with Knight Ridder, McClatchy Newspapers and later the Washington Post. Her foreign coverage of the devastating human toll of the Iraq war earned her the George. R. Polk award in 2007.
Leila Fadel is a Lebanese-American journalist who speaks conversational Arabic and was raised in Saudi Arabia and Lebanon.