Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of May 10, 2015
- Where Y'Eat: Dining With A View Of Downtown's Future
- Wetland Resources Invents Ways To Save Coastline Faster
- Hollywood South Is New Orleans' Second Go At Becoming A Center For Film Industry
- The NPR Couple Is Back! Tune In All Week, Monday Thru Friday, On Morning Edition
John Powers is the pop culture and critic-at-large on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross. He previously served for six years as the film critic.
Powers covers film and politics for Vogue and Vogue.com. His work has appeared in numerous publications, including Harper's BAZAAR, The Nation, Gourmet, The Washington Post, The New York Times and L.A. Weekly, where he spent twelve years as a critic and columnist.
A former professor at Georgetown University, Powers is the author of Sore Winners, a study of American culture during President George W. Bush's administration.
He lives in Pasadena, California, with his wife, Sandi Tan.