Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Jack is a Program Host and Producer at WWNO and has been with the station since 2003. He hosts All Things Considered, All Things New Orleans, and afternoon classical music, and produces Saturday Night Jazz. He also serves as the station's Public Service and Jazz Coordinator.
Born in Brooklyn, NY, Jack graduated from Dartmouth College, where he became general manager of WDCR, the country's only commercial, open-air, student-run AM station. He was named a Distinguished Graduate in both German and Military Science. After graduating from Dartmouth College, Jack spent four years as an Airborne Ranger in the US Army and received the Bronze Star for valor while serving as a captain with the 101st Airborne Division in Vietnam.
Jack returned to radio with WQBK-FM in Albany, NY, but left after seven years to join the music industry. He worked in marketing, promotion, and artist development with RCA, Warner Brothers, and Windham Hill Records, and made significant contributions to the careers of numerous well-known recording artists.