Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- French Quarter Sees Violent Crime Surge; Residents Demand Changes
- Le Show For The Week of Jan. 18, 2015
- Supreme Court Won't Sidestep 5th Circuit On Gay Marriage Appeal
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
- College Football Championship Sets A New Cable Ratings Record
Gary Joiner, Ph.D.
Gary Joiner is a cartographer and an associate professor of history at LSU in Shreveport. He is the author or editor of 12 books including “Shiloh and the Western Campaign of 1862,” “One Damn Blunder From Beginning to End: The Red River Campaign in 1864,” “Through the Howling Wilderness: The Red River Campaign and Union Failure in 1864,” “Red River Steamboats,” and “Mr. Lincoln's Brown Water Navy: Mississippi Squadron.”
Joiner was appointed chairman of Louisiana's Civil War Sesquicentennial Task Force and also serves on the Battle of New Orleans Bicentennial Commission.
Joiner’s commentaries air Tuesdays at 7:35 a.m. He explores a wide range of historical topics, and is currently working on a book compilation of his Red River Radio commentaries.