Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
Cynthia is WWNO’s Saturday host. She followed a BFA in sculpture from Rhode Island School of Design with stints as an actress (Aliens) and recording artist (Red Flame/Virgin 10 Records) in New York, London and Los Angeles – eventually completing the circle by establishing a home and art studio in New Orleans. She received her MFA in Studio Art from Tulane University in 2008.
Scott is the recipient of several public art commissions, an Artist Fellowship, and numerous grants from the Louisiana Division of the Arts, the Louisiana Cultural Economy Foundation, the Contemporary Arts Center’s SweetArts Fund, the Joan Mitchell Foundation, and Transforma Projects. She has exhibited in London, Edinburgh, New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Minneapolis, and multiple other cities throughout the U.S. From 2009 to 2011 she established and coordinated Current:NOLA, a think tank of artists and writers engaged in raising the national and international profile of contemporary New Orleans visual art through dialogue, promotion, and critical writing.