Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Sat February 2, 2013
Voodoo Music Festival Sold to SFX Entertainment
The Voodoo Music Experience has been bought by SFX Entertainment, a New York-based producer and promoter of concerts and other live entertainment, according to an article on Billboard Magazine's website.
Though SFX — a subsidiary of Clear Channel Communications — has recently been acquiring dance music properties, Robert F.X. Sillerman, the company's president, told Billboard the mutli-genre Voodoo festival is a great fit for them.
"They're not specifically EDM, but they're great festivals," says Sillerman. "Voodoo has been operated on as a sole practitioner on relatively small level, and we think it has upside not just in New Orleans but elsewhere. It's a fabulous name, amongst other things, so we think we'll be able to help Steve [Rehage], the owner and operator, take that to other markets."
This year's Voodoo Experience will take place Nov. 1-3, 2013, in City Park.