Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Wed February 20, 2013
Two Shot, One Killed in Hollygrove Shooting
A 21-year-old man was shot and killed around 3:45 p.m. this afternoon at the intersection of Monroe and Nelson Streets in Hollygrove, the New Orleans Police Department said in a press release.
The victim, who had suffered multiple gunshot wounds, was found in a silver Nissan Altima after crashing into a residence in the 8600-block of Nelson St., police said. He died on the scene.
Another man was shot to the body and transported to a Jefferson Parish hospital in a private vehicle, according to police. He is currently listed in stable condition.
Police, led by homicide detective Robert Barre, are currently gathering evidence and are searching for a motive.
The name of the deceased victim is being withheld by police pending notification of his family.