Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Wed February 20, 2013
Two Shot, One Killed in Hollygrove Shooting
A 21-year-old man was shot and killed around 3:45 p.m. this afternoon at the intersection of Monroe and Nelson Streets in Hollygrove, the New Orleans Police Department said in a press release.
The victim, who had suffered multiple gunshot wounds, was found in a silver Nissan Altima after crashing into a residence in the 8600-block of Nelson St., police said. He died on the scene.
Another man was shot to the body and transported to a Jefferson Parish hospital in a private vehicle, according to police. He is currently listed in stable condition.
Police, led by homicide detective Robert Barre, are currently gathering evidence and are searching for a motive.
The name of the deceased victim is being withheld by police pending notification of his family.