Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Fri November 22, 2013
Thanksgivukkah: A Once In A Lifetime Celebration
In honor of the incredibly rare occurrence of Thanksgiving and Hanukkah overlapping, Louisiana Eats! is building the perfect Thanksgivukkah holiday meal with caterers, cooks and bakers.
First we'll speak with Bertha Pichon, a Creole woman who's been the Kosher caterer in New Orleans for over forty years. The Kosher conversation continues with a chat about traditional Hanukkah cooking preparations with Mildred Covert.
Then we'll hear about some of Louisiana's favorite Thanksgiving dishes from Madeline Wright and the NOLA Pie Guy.
Fried Turkey Injection Marinade
½ cup butter
¼ cup Lea and Perrin
½ cup frozen orange juice concentrate
¼ cup Crystal hot sauce
4 tablespoons all purpose Creole seasoning
½ cup bourbon
Melt butter in a saucepan. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and fill turkey injection syringe with marinade, injecting into all parts of the turkey before frying.