Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri January 4, 2013
Talkin' Jazz with Great New Orleans Pianist Ellis Marsalis
The pantheon of great New Orleans musicians is an extensive one, and there is no doubt that pianist Ellis Marsalis holds a richly deserved place in its upper echelons. His accomplishments as a musician and educator are of the highest order.
WWNO's Fred Kasten recently interviewed Marsalis for the New Orleans Jazz National Historical Park's new "Talkin' Jazz" live interview series at the Old U.S. Mint, touching on topics such as his formative experiences growing up in New Orleans and the Jefferson Parish community of Shrewsbury.
For more information about Ellis Marsalis please click here: http://www.ellismarsalis.com/
This interview with Ellis Marsalis was made possible thanks to support from the New Orleans Jazz National Historical Park — which presents the live interview series "Talkin' Jazz with Fred Kasten" on the last Friday afternoon of each month at 2 p.m. in the third floor auditorium at the Old U.S. Mint.