Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Fri January 4, 2013
Talkin' Jazz with Great New Orleans Pianist Ellis Marsalis
The pantheon of great New Orleans musicians is an extensive one, and there is no doubt that pianist Ellis Marsalis holds a richly deserved place in its upper echelons. His accomplishments as a musician and educator are of the highest order.
WWNO's Fred Kasten recently interviewed Marsalis for the New Orleans Jazz National Historical Park's new "Talkin' Jazz" live interview series at the Old U.S. Mint, touching on topics such as his formative experiences growing up in New Orleans and the Jefferson Parish community of Shrewsbury.
For more information about Ellis Marsalis please click here: http://www.ellismarsalis.com/
This interview with Ellis Marsalis was made possible thanks to support from the New Orleans Jazz National Historical Park — which presents the live interview series "Talkin' Jazz with Fred Kasten" on the last Friday afternoon of each month at 2 p.m. in the third floor auditorium at the Old U.S. Mint.