Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Inside the Arts
Thu February 14, 2013
Stories from Da Dirt
We go Inside the Arts for conversation with Dr. Nancy Dawson, artistic director of the Tennessee based Music is Spirit theater group. She leads her African American historical theater group in Stories From Da Dirt this weekend in New Orleans.
Performances combine stories from the Underground Railroad, women in the Civil War, and the performance of African American spirituals.
Saturday, Feb. 16:
11-11:45 a.m. — 916 N. Peters St. (Jazz Park in Dutch Alley)
2-3:30 p.m. — Old U.S. Mint, 3rd Floor
Sunday, Feb. 17:
1:00 p.m. — French Market's Farmers Market Stage
Arts & Culture