Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Thu June 13, 2013
SpeakEasy With Marco Werman — June 27
Join us for SpeakEasy, with Marco Werman!
June 27, 2013
6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Chickie Wah Wah, 2828 Canal St.
Eve Troeh, WWNO’s new News Director, moderates a conversation with special guest Marco Werman, host of PRI’s The World.
You listen to Marco Werman weekdays on WWNO where he reports and asks the important questions from around the globe. And now we are offering you a chance to come and ask him questions! Meet Eve, Marco, WWNO staff members and many WWNO listeners on Thursday, June 27 at Chickie Wah Wah. The conversation is good, the food is good and the bartenders are good — it’s all good at SpeakEasy!
Marco Werman is The World’s host. He has been working in journalism since he was 16 when he worked as a copy-boy at the News and Observer in Raleigh, North Carolina. His journalism experience has run the gamut from documentary photography, print, radio and television. A former Peace Corps volunteer, Werman got his start in radio while freelancing in Burkina Faso, West Africa, for the BBC World Service, where he later worked as a producer. “Radio impressed me in Africa,” says Werman. “Everyone had one, broadcasts happened in many languages, and in the two coups I witnessed, the radio station was important booty: it and the electrical generator were always the first targets.”