Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Arts & Culture
Tue March 12, 2013
Sen. Landrieu Introduces Adoption Documentary
U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu is promoting a documentary about international adoption.
The Louisiana Democrat is the mother of two adopted children and the wife of a man adopted from overseas. She says many American families are willing to open their hearts and homes to children needing families all over the world, but the international adoption system "is broken and failing."
Landrieu introduced the film titled "Stuck" in Harahan on Monday night. She says it's about overseas children who are "stuck in orphanages, stuck in a system that doesn't work."
The film is narrated by Emmy and Golden Globe winning actress Mariska Hargitay and produced by Craig Juntunen. It's on a 60-city tour that began last month and is scheduled to wrap mid-May.