Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Arts & Culture
Fri September 13, 2013
This Saturday: Filthy Linen Night
Never heard of Filthy Linen Night? That's because it's the first ever (not to be confused with "Dirty" or "White"), presented by the Frenchmen Art Market. The event has chartered a retro party bus to shuttle folks from the Frenchmen to St. Claude Art Markets, and back.
Buying a piece of art at any of these second-Saturday galleries, or buying a $3 wrist band, gets you on the bus; all proceeds go towards the reopening of the St. Claude Night Market and lighting their new community park, the market's new permanent location.
The party bus runs on September 14 from 8 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., stopping at the St. Claude Market at Independence St., the Good Children Gallery at Mazant St., Barrister’s Gallery across from the Healing Center, and the Hi-Hi Lounge. The shuttle ends back at Frenchmen to kick off the after party from 11 p.m. - 1 a.m.
Notes from New Orleans