Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Wed November 21, 2012
RTA Announces Holiday Schedule
The New Orleans Regional Transit Authority has announced service changes and expected delays for the Thanksgiving holiday through the Bayou Classic this weekend.
Riders headed downtown tomorrow are advised there will be numerous cancelations, delays and detours due to the Thanksgiving Day parade.
The complete rider advisory is here:
Thursday, November 22 – Sunday Service Levels
Downtown Thanksgiving Parade, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Affected lines: Canal Streetcar, St. Charles Streetcar, 5 – Marigny-Bywater, 10 – Tchoupitoulas, 11 – Magazine, Line 15 – Freret, Line 16 – S. Claiborne, 28 – Martin Luther King, 55 – Elysian Fields, 91 – Jackson/ Esplanade and Lines 101 to 114-115, Algiers Services.
Bus and streetcar lines going to downtown will detour starting approximately at 3:00 p.m. and end at 7:00 p.m. Regular Sunday schedules will resume on bus and streetcar lines as the Parade clears Poydras Street, O’Keefe Avenue, Canal Street and N. Peters Street and N. Decatur Street.
- St. Charles Bus Shuttle: Bus shuttle service for St. Charles Streetcar will detour. Closest temporary stop to Canal Street will be at Poydras Street and Carondolet Street until Parade clears Canal Street. No service between Poydras Street and Canal Street.
- Canal Streetcar Shuttle: No service between Marais Street and Harrah’s Casino until Parade clears.
- 5 – Marigny- Bywater and 55 – Elysian Fields: No service between Elysian Fields and Canal Street during parade. Board and alight at Riverfront Streetcar French Market Station.
- 10 – Tchoupitoulas and 11 – Magazine: Closest stop to Canal Street will be at Camp Street and Poydras Street.
- No service for bus stops between Poydras Street and Canal Street.
- 15 – Freret: Line 15 to Canal Street: At Pontchartrain Expressway, line detours on Calliope Street to Camp Street and ends at Poydras Street until parade clears. Line 15 to Broadway, bus travels on Magazine Street to Calliope Street to Baronne Street to regular route.
- 16 – Claiborne: Bus will detour and end at Canal Street at Marais Street. No service between Claiborne Avenue and Convention Center Drive until Parade is finished.
- 91 – Jackson-Esplanade: No service in downtown until Parade clears but riders will be able to travel to Walmart and Cemeteries. Buses will detour lakeside of downtown via Claiborne Avenue and Pontchartrain Expressway. Main downtown stop will be at Canal Street at Marais Street until Parade clears.
- 28 – Martin Luther King and Lines 101, 102, 114-115, Algiers Lines: Services to and from Canal Street will use the I-10 exit at Claiborne Ave. to Canal Street. No service on O’Keefe Avenue (Algiers Lines) until Parade clears.
Friday, November 23 – Saturday Service Levels
Saturday Service Schedule on all Bus and Streetcar Lines. Line 32 – Leonidas and Line 60 – Hayne will operate their weekday timetables.
Saturday, November 24 – Bayou Classic
Expect delays on the St. Charles Streetcar and Canal Streetcar services before and after the Bayou Classic Football Game (approximately 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m., to 7:00 p.m.).
Help for People with Disabilities — Assistive services or copies of public documents can be provided in an alternate format. Please call (504) 248-3900 or (504) 827-7833 (for persons with a hearing impairment).