Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Sat March 2, 2013
Planet Money: An Economic Makeover For The Catholic Church
Originally published on Fri March 1, 2013 9:08 pm
The Catholic Church is not a corporation. It's a religion, a cultural force, and a global power. Still, one of the things the new Pope will have to deal with is a classic business mess — a multi-billion dollar conglomerate that has stumbled and is losing money and relevance.
On today's show, experts (including a priest with a Harvard MBA) tell us what the church needs to do to turn things around.