Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Thu July 4, 2013
Photos: An Afternoon At The Ballpark
Zephyr Field is affectionately known as the "Shrine on Airline" — a 10,000-seat stadium next door to the Saints and Pelicans practice facility that is host to New Orleans's own professional baseball team.
The New Orleans Zephyrs are the AAA-affiliate of the Miami Marlins, which means our local team is the last step for these players on their long journey to the major leagues.
"It's a lot of fun," says usher Sean McGuckin, who has also been working at the ballpark for 16 seasons. "I get to interact with a lot of people around here."
We spent a night at Zephyr Field and had a lot of fun interacting with the people there, too. We brought back these photos.
New Orleans Pelicans