Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Mon April 1, 2013
Photos From the 100th Louisiana Derby
This past Saturday marked the 100th running of the Louisiana Derby, the yearly horse race at the Fair Grounds that serves as one of the feeders to the Kentucky Derby.
Thousands of people came out to enjoy the races and the new infield festival, held in an area familiar to many as the home of the Jazz Fest. The festival included live music and a line up of some of the city's most popular food trucks, and helped spur on-track betting to its second-highest total in history, according to information released by the track.
“Our goal was to make the 100th Louisiana Derby the biggest and best one ever seen and we definitely accomplished that,” said Fair Grounds President Tim Bryant. “I’m very grateful to all of our fans — from the Grandstand regulars to the first-time infield guests who came to see a great live band — for helping to make this celebration so memorable. We’re already looking forward to staging an even better Infield Festival for the 101st Louisiana Derby in 2014.”
The slideshow above is courtesy of Stephen Faure of Inside Northside Magazine.