Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri March 1, 2013
People vs. Pets? Plans For City Dog Parks Draw Growls From Some Owners
If you own a dog in New Orleans, there are two places where your dog can legally run around off-leash: your yard and City Bark, the private dog park in City Park.
The New Orleans Recreation Development Commission wants to change that. NORD-C has selected two off-leash dog-runs for each district, but with city money tight there’s no telling when they’ll be built.
Meanwhile, unofficial dog parks, like Markey Park in Bywater and Cabrini in the French Quarter, are being redesigned as spaces for people, not dogs. Eve Abrams reports that at neighborhood meetings and on social media, the fur is flying.
Tiger Truck Stop