Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Mon April 8, 2013
NOLA Gives you Wings
While New Orleans is famous for an exhaustive list of culinary delights, a group of adventurous foodies wonders why chicken wings, the classic game-day favorites, don't often make the cut.
NolaVie founders Renee Peck and Sharon Litwin join WWNO producer Laine Kaplan-Levenson and reporter Nina Feldman as they taste their way through the Crescent City wing scene. What they find may come as no surprise: while New Orleans puts gumbo, crawfish and other favorites on the pedestal they deserve, behind the scenes this finger-lickin' snack is done with local expertise.