Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
New Orleans Airport Renovations
Mon April 23, 2012
N.O. Airport Wants Renovations Done by Super Bowl
Louisiana's major airport is trying to finish several renovation projects before the 2013 Super Bowl in New Orleans.
New Orleans CityBusiness said the Louis Armstrong International Airport is planning for 42,000 visitors leaving the city the day after the game.
Airport spokeswoman Michelle Wilcut says a new parking garage is about 65 percent complete. The exterior of the terminal is being remodeled to feature a glass front. The interior is getting new lighting, carpeting and painting.
One of the airport's four concourses also is undergoing some renovation work.
The airport is spending about $4.8 million in federal funds to refurbish newsstand and gift shop vendors, including creation of a New Orleans Saints shop.