Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
New Orleans Airport Renovations
Mon April 23, 2012
N.O. Airport Wants Renovations Done by Super Bowl
Louisiana's major airport is trying to finish several renovation projects before the 2013 Super Bowl in New Orleans.
New Orleans CityBusiness said the Louis Armstrong International Airport is planning for 42,000 visitors leaving the city the day after the game.
Airport spokeswoman Michelle Wilcut says a new parking garage is about 65 percent complete. The exterior of the terminal is being remodeled to feature a glass front. The interior is getting new lighting, carpeting and painting.
One of the airport's four concourses also is undergoing some renovation work.
The airport is spending about $4.8 million in federal funds to refurbish newsstand and gift shop vendors, including creation of a New Orleans Saints shop.