Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Wed June 12, 2013
'The Lens' Takes A Closer Look At NOLA For Life Fund Recipients
The Lens, New Orleans’ investigative newsroom, has been following up on money distributed by the Nola for Life Fund. That’s the grant-making arm of Mayor Mitch Landrieu’s hallmark campaign against violence, launched last year.
Charles Maldonado reports on government transparency for The Lens. He sat down with WWNO’s Eve Troeh to talk about his investigation into one nonprofit that received Nola 4 Life funds: It’s called Family Center of Hope.
Read his full story to get more details on the nonprofit, and on broader questions of how the Nola for Life Fund has been administered.
This news content made possible with support from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.