Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Mon December 24, 2012
La. Tech Names Juluke Assistant Football Coach
Louisiana Tech football coach Skip Holtz has added Jabbar Juluke to his staff as an assistant.
Juluke comes to Tech after serving as head coach at Edna Karr High School in New Orleans the last nine years. While there, he compiled an 80-39 record capped off with a 14-0 mark and a Louisiana state championship in 2012. Juluke also served as the defensive coordinator for four years at Frederick Douglas High School and as a wide receivers coach at Brother Martin.
Holtz says Juluke's vast knowledge of the New Orleans area and relationship with coaches in the area will help forge a footprint there for Tech.
Juluke's hiring, announced Monday, still needs approval from the University of Louisiana System Board of Supervisors and the Louisiana Tech Athletics Council.