Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Thu May 23, 2013
Join Us Today For SpeakEasy!
Join WWNO — New Orleans Public Radio this Thursday, May 23 for our latest SpeakEasy — starting at 6 p.m. at Chickie Wah Wah (2828 Canal Street). SpeakEasy is a great way to meet other WWNO listeners and some of the voices you hear on the air, plus it's free and all are welcome.
Have you heard folks referring to Bywater as the "new Brooklyn"? Are you an active member in a social club? Have you had someone second-guess your authority on your New Orleans? Join WWNO commentator and Nolavie co-founder Sharon Litwin as she talks with actor Vernel Bagneris, writer Renee Peck and essayist Will Taylor — as they explore The Guardians of New Orleans Culture: Finding the neutral ground between the romance of tradition and the forces of change.
Come join the discussion and let’s see what happens.
The Louisiana Coast: Last Call