Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Sat February 16, 2013
The Importance of Going Slow
On this week's episode of Louisiana Eats!, Poppy sits down for an extended chat with Richard McCarthy, a homegrown hero who's provided leadership to the Crescent City Farmer's Market for more than fifteen years. Richard speaks about the work he's done in New Orleans and discusses his recent appointment as Slow Food USA's executive director. We'll also hear how David Buchanan locates, preserves, and harvests local flavors in the remote villages of Maine.
Notes from New Orleans