Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Jazz Fest 2013
Fri April 26, 2013
Getting To Jazz Fest By Streetcar And Bus
The New Orleans Regional Transit Authority serves the Jazz Fest with four different transit lines, and is planning extra service to meet the heavy demand expected this week and next.
There are three bus lines that will take you within walking distance of the Fair Grounds:
You can also get to the Fair Grounds by taking the Canal — City Park/Museum streetcar line.
The RTA will also be providing buses along Canal St. and St. Charles Ave. to supplement the streetcar lines.
The RTA recommends riders buy multiple-ride Jazzy Passes in advance, rather than paying for the fare when boarding streetcars and busses. RTA supervisors will be selling one-day passes at the intersections of Canal and Bourbon St. and Canal and Carondelet. Also, there are ticket vending machines at:
2817 Canal Street
Canal at Bourbon St.
Canal at City Park Ave.
Canal at N. Peters
Regular RTA rides are $1.25, and one-day unlimited ride Jazzy Passes are $3. You can find more information on the RTA’s website.
Jazz Fest Minutes