Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Arts & Culture
Tue April 23, 2013
Free Conference on Entertainment Business to Help Independent Artists
This week the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Foundation kicks off its sixth annual free conference. The Sync Up event brings entertainment industry experts to New Orleans as a way to help local artists get a grip on business trends. This Friday and Saturday morning - April 26 and 27 - and next Friday and Saturday morning - May 3 and 4 - Sync Up has free panel discussions at the New Orleans Museum of Art, from 9am to 12:30 pm. Registration is recommended, at www.syncupconference.com.
WWNO General Manager Paul Maassen talked with Scott Aiges of The New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Foundation about the conference.
Among the highlights: a session on putting together a successful tour as a live musician, funding projects through existing fans, and a panel with NPR Music's Anya Grundmann.