Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Tue June 17, 2014
Former Education Chief Pastorek Returning To New Orleans
Former state education superintendent Paul Pastorek is returning to New Orleans.
He tells the Associated Press that he’s leaving his corporate job in Washington, DC, and will be working once again in education policy.
Pastorek says he’s establishing a company that will offer advice to those working in education.
He’s stepped down as the chief administrative officer of Airbus Group.
As a member of the Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education in the 1990s, Pastorek was an architect of school accountability measures implemented under then-Gov. Mike Foster.