Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Wed February 13, 2013
Could Obama's Gas Policies Bring Jobs to La.?
President Barack Obama touched on the oil and gas industry in his State of the Union. Some of these initiatives may benefit Louisiana’s economy.
Don Briggs, who leads Louisiana Oil and Gas Association, lauded this decision. “Time is money to the industry. Waiting months and months and taking a year and half to two years to get a permit, it doesn’t work,” Briggs said. “The federal government needs to shorten that permit time, hire more people, make it more efficient.”With a shorter permit time, Briggs says, more rigs would come – more rigs means more jobs for locals.